Turning your logo into a stencil should be a painless, easy process!
Our skilled art team works with hundreds of logos every month, tweaking them, adjusting small details and adding bridges to make them work when turned into a stencil, whether for use as a spray painting stencil, brush paint or some other application.
Will your logo work as a plastic stencil?
Short answer: YES! Most likely your logo or design will work as a stencil.
There are a number of factors that go into how well your logo will turn out as a stencil.
- How many small details does it contain? Lots of tiny, intricate lines don’t always cut out the best. Picture an insect wing or lots of filigree or curls. This may require some special work by our art team and will be more fragile. (see examples)
- How close are the various elements in your design? Ideally, a gap of at least 0.1″ to allow for cutting out the lines in between elements, minimum 0.05″.
- We recommend 10mil for most applications for its versatility to handle complex and simple designs.
What do we do to make a logo or design stencil ready?
- Our art team will add bridges or connectors between elements so the doughnut holes don’t fall out when cut.
- We will also try to thicken up any elements that are too close, without compromising the original logo
- Sometimes, this requires an art fee if the work will take our art team significant time
What is the best material for my stencils?
Our stencils are made out of high quality, durable and easy to clean mylar – making them perfectly suited for spray paint, brush paint, detail work.
They work on wood crates, metal dumpsters, parking lots, t-shirts, buildings or any other application.
What about extra large stencils, how do I create really big custom stencils?
We do this all the time! Our maximum size mylar stencil is 36″x24″, but we’ve done stencils many times that size by creating multiple panels,
For instance, this university wanted a giant Z for their garage floors, so we created 4 panels for them, turning their Z into a 4 foot square stencil.
Elite Logistics needed a stencil over 7 feet wide, so we created a 3 panel stencil for them to use for spray painting.
Stay tuned for more…
- How to turn any font into a stencil and stencil doughnut holes explained
- How to clean and care for your paint stencil
- Will my logo work as a stencil? See examples with lots of logos, clipart and photographs turned into a stencil
- Can you make a multi layer, multi color stencil? Yes, see examples
- How to use a spray paint stencil tutorial with pro tips (video)
- Mylar vs oilboard stencils
- Which material should I choose for my stencil? (video)
- How durable is 10mil mylar? How long will the stencil last? (video as we drive over a stencil with a truck 3 times to test its durability)
- How to use adhesive backed stencils (video)